Reusable, non-medical face masks are now the symbol of the global pandemic era. They are a visual confirmation of the unseen viral enemy that has changed the entire world and could be lurking around any corner.
Another visual is the wearing of face masks. The wide variety of non-medical face coverings is quite apparent. Some people simply wear a scarf wrapped around their face; others make do with their t-shirt or sweater pulled up over their mouth and nose. And, so many types of masks have emerged–homemade masks, surgical masks, and, rarely, N95 respirators.
With so much variety out there, it is hard to know what you should be using. You know you want a top-quality washable face mask that gives you the protection you need in times like these, but this summer, it is imperative that you also keep your comfort in mind during this hot, sticky weather.
Choosing the Right Mask
Choosing the right face mask to wear, especially during the summer, can be difficult given all the different types out there. We recently changed the names of our masks that utilize N95 and N99 technology to help avoid user confusion– check out more here.
Let us introduce you to our X99 Anti-Pollution face mask. It utilizes N99 technology. These affordable masks are engineered for fitness enthusiasts, lab workers, construction workers, and everyday users while out in public.
Our anti-pollution face masks are military grade, which means they are made from high-quality polyester-cotton blend and come with an activated carbon filter. This offers you the best anti-dust, pollen, germs, bacteria, and virus protection.
Activated carbon filters work by trapping gas molecules on a bed of charcoal. That gives the masks their increased protection. However, not all N99 masks are the same. Specific pollutants such as ozone and sulfur dioxide require additional protection from entities such as activated carbon. This also helps to get rid of strong odors and other harmful gases.
This non-medical face mask is designed for almost anyone to wear:
- Quality Made. Our X99 masks are affordable but are made with high-quality polyester-cotton blend. They are the ultimate in comfort and the M-shaped nose clip allows for easy breathability.
- Premium Material: Just like the polyester-cotton blend, the mesh of our dustproof mask cover is well-built using premium nylon to offer excellent permeability. It has an ultra-soft texture and it’s quick drying.
- Perfect Design: Check out the adjustable nose clip with a unique ventilation design, excellent permeability, and easy-exhale. The easy to open valve is double air breathing with less air resistance for smooth breathing.
- Easy to Maintain: The mask can be simply washed to be kept clean and sanitized!
- Convenient Replacement Parts: You are able to easily replace the valves and filter cotton.
About N99 Face Masks
Most environments in the world today are plagued with several pollutants, and particularly in today’s times, the novel coronavirus. The N99 certified air masks are recommended for unparalleled, everyday purposes. They have a higher filter rate than N95 masks, and an N95 might not suffice.
These masks can filter out up to 95% of air pollutants from the ambient air. They have one valve dedicated for exhaling air. This valve acts as a deterrent for moisture accumulating near the eyes and nose bridge. This is especially important in the coming months!
How To Put On A Mask
Before putting on a mask, you should clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water. Cover your mouth and nose with the face mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask. Avoid touching the mask while using it. This is hard to do if you are not accustomed to wearing a face mask, but if you do, again clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water. To make sure your mask is always working at its best, replace the mask filters when needed. Do not try to prolong the life of filters. To take off the mask, remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask). Once again, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water.
See the CDC’s recommendations here for more details on properly wearing your mask.
When To Wear A Mask
Health authorities are recommending and asking people to wear masks while in public. Social distancing in some places is not possible, hence the need for face masks.
Face masks should also be used:
- When traveling on airplanes
- For those with weakened immune systems
- Around pets
- Construction projects
- In heavily populated public areas
More Than Just Virus Protection
Even though the world’s focus is on the pandemic and making sure we stop the spread, people have been using our everyday face masks for years. They are not just for the protection against COVID-19.
As an all-natural shield against any pollution, they are ideal for dust, germs, allergies, smoke, pollution, ash, pollen, crafts, gardening, travel, construction work…. the list goes on and on!
- Block up to 99.997% of airborne pathogens
- Block allergens
- Protect against pollen and airborne contaminants down to 0.1 microns
- Reduce moisture loss by 88%
Proper Face Mask Use
While this face mask is intended to work over the nose and mouth as a protective covering for members of the general public, it is important to know when and how not to use this face mask.
Do not use the non-medical face mask:
- In surgical settings or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids may be expected
- In a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high
- In the presence of a high-intensity heat source or flammable gas
In these unprecedented times of the global pandemic of COVID-19, this mask has been authorized by FDA for use by HCP as PPE to help prevent the spread of infection or illness in healthcare settings and by the general public to help slow the spread of the virus during the COVID19 pandemic.
We need to come together and do our part. Wearing a face mask is highly recommended during these times. Demand for consumer face masks has never been higher and shortages all over the world are happening. View all of our products before it’s too late.